Share Your Story
One of the most important things you can do to fight climate change is also one of the simplest: talk about it! Research shows that discussing the climate crisis with family and friends reinforces that the problem is real and the science unequivocal. Yet, nearly two-thirds of Americans say they rarely or never have those conversations. It’s simple to share with your friends, family, and other community members about climate change, news, and how you are getting involved!
Tell us what changes you will be making in the name of sustainability. Use the power of social media and personal conversation to share your progress and get others involved!
Sample Social Media Posts:
- I’m #HEREforClimate because human problems require human solutions.
- Being #HEREforClimate means calling my representatives and demanding they take climate change seriously.
- Being #HEREforClimate means having honest and open conversations with friends and family about our climate reality.
- Human action is important, but we have to put pressure on the largest polluters if we want to affect global change. I’m #HEREforClimate, are you? [tag/mention local large companies]
- I’m a [humanist/atheist/agnostic/Christian/Muslim/etc.] and climate change affects me. #HEREforClimate
- Plastic use around the world is increasing – even without America’s straws. Being #HEREforClimate means taking responsibility for what we consume and for what we waste.
- “The #HEREforClimate Composting Toolkit made it easy to start making more sustainable choices in my daily life. I just pledged to reduce my food waste and contact my local government about implementing a composting service. Find out what else you can do with the #HEREforClimate toolkit!”
- I just watched the great and informative movie, “Before the Flood.” Check out climate focused books, pieces of journalism, and more movies on the #HEREforClimate Resources Toolkit!
- Populations of fish we consume the most have dropped more than 90% since the 1950s! Just one industry can have massive environmental consequences. Let’s be #HEREforClimate in reducing our overwhelming consumption.
- We challenge you to be #HEREforClimate! Show us how you’re taking climate action and challenge your friends to join you.
- How can you be #HEREforClimate? Check out our action toolkits here: https://hereforclimate.org/action/sustainability.